Welcome to ERICDigests.org. This site provides one way to access the ERIC Digests (education articles) produced by the former ERIC Clearinghouse system. Use the search box below to search the ERIC Digests available at this site. (En Espanol.)
What are ERIC Digests?
ERIC Digests are:
- short reports (1,000 - 1,500 words) on topics of prime current interest in education. There are a large variety of topics covered including teaching, learning, libraries, charter schools, special education, higher education, home schooling, and many more.
- targeted specifically for teachers, administrators, policymakers, and other practitioners, but generally useful to the broad educational community.
- designed to provide an overview of information on a given topic, plus references to items providing more detailed information.
- produced by the former 16 subject-specialized ERIC Clearinghouses, and reviewed by experts and content specialists in the field.
- funded by the Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI), of the U.S. Department of Education (ED).
- The full-text ERIC Digest database contains over 3000 Digests with the latest updates being added to this site in July 2005.
The ERIC Clearinghouse system was eliminated in 2003. ERIC was massively reorganized and most of the content at the former ERIC sites (including the ERIC Digests) found new homes. This site is striving to make it easy to find ERIC Digests that have been produced prior to the end of the former ERIC system. (For information on these changes, see http://www.lib.msu.edu/corby/education/doe.htm.) The Federal ERIC site no longer maintains the ERIC Digests separately and has mixed them into the ERIC database as hard to use .PDF files which are not found by the major search engines. More links.
ERIC Digests are in the public domain and may be freely reproduced and disseminated in any format. On the Web, it is permissible to link to Digests or to post copies on other sites without express permission.
Text from ERIC Digests on this site are in the public domain and may be used how ever you like. However, all other information on this site is copyrighted and may not be used without permission.
Send any questions or comments to NOadminSPAM@ericdigests.org. Please take out the capital letters in the e-mail address so that it will work properly.
Please note that this site is privately owned and is in no way related to any Federal agency or ERIC unit. Further, this site is using a privately owned and located server. This is NOT a government sponsored or government sanctioned site. ERIC is a Service Mark of the U.S. Government. This site exists to provide the text of the public domain ERIC Documents previously produced by ERIC. No new content will ever appear here that would in any way challenge the ERIC Service Mark of the U.S. Government.
Need cheap books? Please visit Amazing Cheap Books which uses Amazon to fill orders. A portion of all sales goes to the support of ERICDigests.org.